Bedingung : Zukünftiges Ereignis, von dem eine Rechtswirksamkeit abhängt
General Terms and Conditions (GTC)
The following are the General Terms and Conditions (GTC) of the non-profit association Digitize the Planet e. V. (DtP) are defined.
§ 1 Operator and scope
The operator of the platform and therefore the contractual partner of the users of this platform is Digitize the Planet e. V. (DtP).
Digitize the Planet e. V.
Phone: +49 30 32793119
Register court: Charlottenburg Local Court
Registration number: VR 38160 B
Hartmut Wimmer (1st Chairman)
Dr. Neele Larondelle (2nd chairwoman)
Mathias Beherens-Egge (3rd chairman)
Tilman Sobek (Treasurer)
Responsible for the content (acc. to § 55 Abs. 2 RStV)
These terms and conditions prescribe the conditions for the use of the data entry platform provided by Digitize the Planet, as well as the data provided by DTP. Terms and conditions deviating from these terms and conditions are not valid.
§ 2 Definitions
- Data Entry Platform
- is our homepage available at https://content.digitizetheplanet.org and our API at https://content.digitizetheplanet.org/api/ that enables registered users to digititize and/or retrieve rules and regulations for protected areas.
- Provided data
- are the rules and regulations and general information on protected areas provided via our homepage available at https://content.digitizetheplanet.org and our API at https://content.digitizetheplanet.org/api/
are all legal and natural persons who use the data input platform or download the data provided.
§ 3 Service description
- The data input as well as the download and distribution of the provided CC0 data is free of charge for the users.
- The data input platform is the input mask for a digital database. The entered data is processed and shared as Open Data; it is not subject to copyright protection (CC0).
- Among the provided data there is information entered by users. Users are responsible for ensuring that this is not subject to copyright protection and can be shared as Open Data.
- To use the data entry platform, users are required to register free of charge.
§ 4 Registration
- Data entry requires a one-time registration by providing first and last name, gender, email address, protected area administration/company. To ensure the quality of the entered data, a verification process takes place.
- The registration data must be entered completely and correctly. Changes in the data, in particular the protected area administration/company, must be reported immediately. The membership account is not transferable.
§ 5 Duration of contract
- The contract between the user and DtP is concluded for an indefinite period and can be terminated by either party by notification in text form.
- The right to refuse data entry remains unaffected.
§ 6 Granting of rights of use
- The User grants DtP the non-exclusive right to publish and distribute entered content free of charge as Open Data as often as desired and for an unlimited period of time. DtP is entitled to edit and digitize entered information.
- DtP receives the right to make all information publicly accessible.
- The user guarantees to keep the right of use of the entered information according to the use intended by DtP.
- DtP is entitled to edit information or to refrain from publishing it.
§ 7 License for the use of content/data
- Users may download, process, and publish data for private and commercial purposes. Commercial transfer to third parties is prohibited.
- In case of commercial use of the data, Digitize the Planet e. V. must be mentioned in its context.
§ 8 Warranty
The user guarantees DtP not to enter any information whose copyrights, trademark rights, or other rights would be violated thereby. The user is subject to the obligation to inform himself accordingly and to carry out a check-in case of doubtful authorization.
§ 9 Liability of DtP
- DtP is liable according to the legal regulations.
- DtP is not liable for the correctness, quality, completeness, and validity/up-to-datedness of the data provided.
§ 10 Liability of the user
- The user is responsible for the information he/she enters and the rights of use he/she grants.
- DtP is indemnified by the user from claims against third parties.
§ 11 Blocking of users, deletion of content
- DtP has the right to permanently block users, as well as to refuse renewed access.
- DtP may also temporarily block users in case of violation of the GTC.
§ 12 Data protection
- User data is collected to ensure proper information.
- Information on data protection and data security at: …
- By registering, the user agrees to the data protection regulations.
§ 13 Changes to the General Terms and Conditions (GTC)
- DtP reserves the right to change the general terms and conditions.
- In case of changes users will be informed by EMail.
§ 14 Final provisions
- These GTC as well as the contractual relationship between user and provider are exclusively subject to German law.
- In the event of legal disputes, the registered office of the association shall be the place of jurisdiction.